Open-Face Plum Pie
|Kuchen pie shell||9 Inch, refrigerated|
|Italian plums||1 1⁄2 Pound (Drained)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Confectioner’s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Cut the plums into quarters and remove pits.
3) In pie shell, arrange the plums, in tight circular rows.
4) Dredge the plums with granulated sugar and orange peel.
5) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6) Lower the oven temperature to 350F.
7) Continue to bake for 45 minutes more.
8) Dredge the top of the pie with confectioners' sugar.
9) Allow to cool partially on wire rack.
10) Slice the pie in wedges.
11) Serve the pie warm, with light cream, vanilla ice cream or whipped cream as desired.