Rude Boy Fish Pie
|Baking potatoes||6 Large|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pancetta slice||12 , chopped|
|Leeks||2 , thinly sliced|
|Leeks||2 , thinly sliced on the diagonal|
|Onions spring||6 , finely sliced|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fennel bulb||1 , finely chopped (Tops Reserved)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely sliced|
|Finely grated lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine||225 Milliliter|
|Salmon||450 Gram, skinned and pin-boned, cut into 0.75 inch cubes|
|Smoked haddock||450 Gram, skinned and pin-boned, cut into 0.75 inch cubes|
|Raw prawns||250 Gram, peeled and deveined|
|Finely chopped parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Creme fraiche||6 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Using a foil, wrap potatoes, place on oven shelf and bake for 90 minutes or till well cooked.
3. Take a large pan, heat butter with olive oil. Add pancetta and fry for a minute.
4. Stir in spring onion, garlic, leeks, fennel, fennel seeds and lemon zest.
5. Allow vegetables to sweat for few minutes, add white wine and allow the mixture to bubble gently for 2 to 3 min.
6. Add haddock pieces, salmon and prawns and cook gently for 5 min or till fish turn opaque and prawns are still pink.
7. Add 3 tbsp creme fraiche and parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Take off from heat.
9. Remove 1/4th of each potato and using a spoon, scoop the flesh out and place in a bowl.
10. In a baking tray, arrange the skins, with cut side facing down and bake for 5 minutes to crisp.
11. Prepare a mixture of potato flesh with creme fraiche. Add to piping bag.
12. Turn potato skins to other side and arrange fish mixture evenly on all.
13. Pipe potato mixture in evenly.
14. Pace in the oven and bake for 5 min.
15. Serve garnished with fennel tops.