Chocolate Cream Pie
|Fine cookie crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate||3 1⁄2 Ounce, grated|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine the cookie crumbs and butter and mix well
2. Turn and press firmly to line an 8-inch flan ring set on a flat plate, or a fluted removable-bottom flan pan. Refrigerate until required.
3. In small saucepan, heat the milk to scalding point.
4. In a large mixing bowl, blend the sugar, flour, cornstarch, and beaten eggs.
5. Gradually add the lukewarm milk and whisk until well blended.
6. Return mixture to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until thick and bubbly.
7. Taking pan off the heat, stir in butter, chocolate, and brandy, until melted and smooth. Allow mixture to cool
8. Pour into the crumb crust shell and dust with confectioners' sugar.
9. Refrigerate to chill and set.
10. Whip cream with the milk until thick and stiff.
11. Spread evenly over the chocolate-filling.
12. Garnish with coarsely grated chocolate.
13. Cut into wedges and serve chilled.