|Prepared filo/Strudel||1 Pound|
|Pastry leaves||16 (12/15 Inches)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Spinach||30 Ounce, chopped (Frozen Thawed And Well Drained)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound, crumbled|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dill||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Let pastry leaves warm to room temperature, according to directions on package label.
3. In 1/4 cup hot butter in medium skillet, saute onion until golden—about 5 minutes.
4. Add spinach stir to combine with onion and remove from heat.
5. In large bowl, beat eggs with rotary beater.
6. With wooden spoon, mix well stirring in cheese, parsley, dill, salt, pepper and spinach-onion mixture.
7. Brush a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan lightly with some of melted butter.
8. In bottom of baking pan, layer 8 phyllo-pastry leaves (see Note), one by one, brushing top of each with melted butter.
9. Spread evenly with spinach mixture.
10. Cover with 8 more leaves, brushing each with butter and pour any remaining melted butter over top.
11. Using scissors, trim off any uneven edges of pastry.
12. Cut through top pastry layer on diagonal and then cut in opposite direction, to form about nine 3-inch diamonds.
13. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until top crust is puffy and golden.
14. Serve warm with garnish as desired.