Praline Pumpkin Pie
|Caramel syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided (smurckers)|
|Pie crust||1 (graham cracker pie crust)|
|For the filling:|
|Pumpkins puree||15 Ounce (Libby’s)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|For the custard|
|Vanilla pudding mix||6 4⁄5 Ounce (Jello O)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided|
|For the candied sugar|
|Pecan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Pour ½ cup of caramel syrup into the prepared graham cracker pie crust, spread it evenly.
2. In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, brown and white sugar, cinnamon powder, ground nutmeg, ground cloves and vanilla extract, mix all the ingredients with a whisk and keep it aside.
3. In another bowl combine the vanilla pudding mix along with whole milk, whipped cream and whisk everything.
4. Add the custard to the pumpkin mixture, whisk everything well.
5. In a pan combine pecans and some sugar, toast it for 2-3 minutes and candied pecans are ready.
6. Pour the filling in the pie pan followed by the whipped cream, spread it evenly and finally drizzle the remaining caramel syrup.
7. Sprinkle some candied pecans and keep it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
8. Serve the praline pumpkin pie after a hearty meal.
Calories 1241 Calories from Fat 716
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.3%
Saturated Fat 45.9 g229.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 256.1 mg85.4%
Sodium 713.7 mg29.7%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 84.3 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 222.4% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet