Dairy Free Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
|Frozen rhubarb||1 Pound, thawed, drained|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, hulled and halved|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared 9 inch pie shell||1|
|Strawberry preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), heated|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, cornstarch, lemon juice, and sugar, blend well.
3) Toss the mixture into rhubarb and strawberries, then allow to stand for 15 minutes.
4) Spoon the mixture in an unbaked 9-inch pie shell.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6) Lower the heat to 350°F and bake for 35-40 minutes until the pie crust is golden.
7) Allow to cool for almost 30 minutes.
8) Brush with the strawberry preserves on top and then sprinkle with the powdered sugar.
9) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.