Chocolate Cream Pie: Sweet World #9
|For cookie crumb crust|
|Chocolate sandwich cookies||16 (oreo, reduced fat)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|For chocolate filling|
|Jello chocolate pudding||5 Ounce (cook and serve)|
|Whole milk||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|For cream topping|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla essece||1 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate bits packet||1 Large|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
For the crust
2. In a food processor, put the cookies and pulse until they become crumbs.
3. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl and mix in the melted butter and stir until it is moistened.
4. In a 9 inch pie dish, put the crumbs and press on the bottom and sides of the dish using a measuring cup.
5. Refrigerate the crust for 10 minutes and then bake for 10 minutes or until the crust sets.
6. Remove and allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
For the filling
7. In a microwave proof bowl, put together pudding mix, milk and vanilla, mix and microwave for 8 minutes, stopping and stirring after every 2 minutes.
8. Pour filling in the crust and spread, put a piece of parchment directly on the filling and refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours or until the mixtures firms up.
For the topping
9. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat together cream, sugar and vanilla on low speed for a minute and then on medium and then on high until the cream is thick and whipped.
10. Smear the whipped cream mixture over the pie.
11. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the chocolate bar and sprinkle it over the pie and refrigerate.
12. Cut and serve as desired.
Calories 616 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.1%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.9 mg25.3%
Sodium 709 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 46.7 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 0.26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet