Thick chocolate pudding, loads of whipped cream & chocolate shavings and it's all in a chocolate cookie crust? Let's just say this is my New Year's gift to you!
For cookie crumb crust
Chocolate sandwich cookies
16 (oreo, reduced fat)
2 Tablespoon, melted
For chocolate filling
Jello chocolate pudding
5 Ounce (cook and serve)
2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)
For cream topping
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Semi sweet chocolate bits packet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
For the crust
2. In a food processor, put the cookies and pulse until they become crumbs.
3. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl and mix in the melted butter and stir until it is moistened.
4. In a 9 inch pie dish, put the crumbs and press on the bottom and sides of the dish using a measuring cup.
5. Refrigerate the crust for 10 minutes and then bake for 10 minutes or until the crust sets.
6. Remove and allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
For the filling
7. In a microwave proof bowl, put together pudding mix, milk and vanilla, mix and microwave for 8 minutes, stopping and stirring after every 2 minutes.
8. Pour filling in the crust and spread, put a piece of parchment directly on the filling and refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours or until the mixtures firms up.
For the topping
9. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat together cream, sugar and vanilla on low speed for a minute and then on medium and then on high until the cream is thick and whipped.
10. Smear the whipped cream mixture over the pie.
11. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the chocolate bar and sprinkle it over the pie and refrigerate.