Grated Apple Pie: Sweet World #6
|For shortbread crust|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mcintosh apples||6 , cored and quatared|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For streusel topping|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a food processor, put together flour and sugar and mix until well blended.
2. Put in the butter and pulse 8 times or until the mixture is pea sized.
3. While still mixing, stream in the cold water and process until the dough forms into large pieces, do not over mix.
4. Wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap, shape it into a disk and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
For streusel topping
5. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour and butter, using hands squeeze and cut the butter in the mixture to make large streusel crumbs and set aside.
For apple filling
6. In a food processor, grate the apples and transfer it into large bowl.
7. Add in the remaining ingredients for filling and mix well.
8. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
9. On a 12” cardboard sheet, place the dough and wrap it with 2 more pieces of plastic wrap.
10. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough up to the size of cardboard sheet.
11. Remove the top layer of plastic and place your hand under the crust. Turn it over into a 9" pie dish.
12. Take off the remaining plastic sheet and press the crust into the pie dish.
13. Turn the edges of the crust under the dish rim, making sure the lay on top of the rim of the dish.
14. Pinch together the edges of the dough, with you fingers to create an edge.
15. Arrange the apple over the pastry lined pan, and top it with streusel topping.
16. On a foil lined baking sheet place the pie and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 F and bake to 25 minutes more.
17. Take pie off the baking sheet and let it cool on a rack.