Tiramisu Whoopie Pies: Cookie Jar
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Non-fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (melted in microwave on 30 second bursts)|
|Cold espresso coffee/Strong coffee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Mascarpone cheese||8 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark rum||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
2. Into a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. Beat butter and granulated brown sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed, until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beating until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add sour cream, then flour mixture.
4. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the batter onto a baking sheet, making sure to leave space for cookies to spread. (About 8 cookies per pan). Place some cocoa powder in a small strainer and sprinkle a bit of the cocoa powder on top of the cookies. Bake until edges are golden, about 12 minutes. Slide parchment, with cookies, onto wire racks. Let cool. (Unfilled cookies can be stored for up to 1 day.) Once cooled, turn cookies upside-down and place on parchment lined, rimmed baking sheet.
5. In small bowl mix espresso and dark rum.
6. Brush half of the cookies with this mixture. Then spread the other half of the cookies with the melted semi-sweet chocolate.
7. Place in the refrigerator until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
8. In a medium bowl beat mascarpone cheese, sugar, salt, heavy cream vanilla and 1 T. dark rum with mixer until smooth.
9. Spoon some of mascarpone cheese mixture onto the chocolate half the cookies. Place the other half of the cookies on top.
10. Serve immediately or place in refrigerator for further use.
Calories 823 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.1%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.7 mg52.6%
Sodium 411.8 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 46.7 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 0.49%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet