Nutty Cranberry Pie
|9 inch two crust pie pastry||1 , unbaked|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind/Lemon||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Fresh cranberries||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seedless|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. In a cup or a bowl combine the sugar and cornstarch.
3. Then mix the corn syrup and lemon peel with the water and add to the sugar and cornstarch.
4. In a pan bring to a boil, stir in the cranberries and raisins.
5. Let it boil such that the cranberries pop, then remove from the heat and add the nuts and the oil.
6. Cool until mixture is lukewarm and into an unbaked 9-inch pie shell pour cranberry mixture.
7. Top with lattice or regular crust, bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Serve the pie either hot or cold.