Cape Cod Clam Pie
|Piecrust mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned minced clams||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounces Each)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted soda cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Coarse Variety)|
|Cold water||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare the piecrust mix according to label instruction or use a ready two-crust pastry dough.
2. Roll out half the dough on a flour dusted surface into to a 12-inch round circle.
3. Use to neatly line a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the edges. Keep aside or chill.
4. Preheat the oven to 450°F
5. In a medium bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Remove 1 tablespoon of beaten egg to use for brushing pastry crust.
6. Drain clams, measuring 1/2 cup of the liquid and stirring it into beaten eggs with clams, milk, cracker crumbs and seasonings.
7. Turn the mixture into the pie shell.
8. Dot with butter or margarine.
9. Roll out remaining half of pastry into a 11-inch circle.
10. Make a few slits in a pattern if you wish, in the center of the crust.
11. Use it to cover pie, trimming the extra pastry to 1/2 inch and fluting it at the edges.
12. Beat the reserved egg with cold water and use a pastry brush to give crust pastry an egg wash.
13. Bake pie in preheated oven for 15 minutes
14. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden.
15. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
16. Cut pie into wedges and serve warm
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.8 mg75.3%
Sodium 1042.8 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 50 g99.9%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 54.8%
Calcium 20% Iron 265.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet