Green Onion Custard Pie
|9 inch unbaked pie crust||1|
|Green onions||4 Bunch (400 gm)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Set the oven temperature to 425°F before baking.
2) Slice onions in a food processor bowl fitted with a slicing disc or by hand.
3) When the sliced onion reach the Fill Level, empty the bowl and repeat the same process for remaining onions.
4) Process eggs, milk, salt and pepper in the processor for about 5 seconds, fitting it with a Knife Blade, until mixed.
5) In a pan, arrange the pie crust with a piece of aluminum foil over it and weigh down the pastry with a filling of dry beans or rice to avoid it from puffing as it bakes.
6) Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
7) Take off the foil and beans from the partially baked crust.
8) In a 10-inch skillet, heated over low heat, melt butter and stir-fry onions in it until translucent.
9) Cover the top of partially baked pie crust with the sautéed onions.
10) Top the onions with egg mixture and if required add in shredded cheese.
11) Brown for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven until a knife comes out clean when inserted halfway between center and edge.
12) Serve hot.