Wholemeal Vegetarian Pie
|Butter||25 Gram (1 Ounce)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Red or green pepper||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Small, peeled and diced|
|Courgettes||2 Medium, trimmed and sliced|
|Broccoli stalks||18 Ounce, diced (3 Stalks About 175 Gram Or 6 Ounce)|
|Cabbage||8 Ounce, diced (1/4 Small Sized, 225 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock/Water||4 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon (Colman'S English Variety)|
|Vegetarian cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (100 Gram)|
|Wholemeal flour||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Butter||2 1⁄4 Ounce, mixed with equal amount of white vegetable fat (63 Gram)|
|White vegetable fat||2 1⁄4 Ounce, mixed with equal amount of butter (63 Gram)|
1) Preheat oven to 425 degree, Gas Mark 7.
2) In a pan, melt butter and saute onion, carrot, and pepper until onion is tender.
3) Stir in the remaining vegetables, pour stock or water, cover, and let it cook for 10 minutes.
4) Remove pan from heat and add Colman's whole grain mustard, salt, and pepper.
5) In a bowl, sift flour with fats until it resembles breadcrumbs and then slowly add water to make a firm dough.
6) In a pie dish, arrange vegetables, sprinkle cheese on top , brush with beaten eggs, make a slash in the center, cover, and bake for 15 mintues.
7) Reduce heat to 350 degree, Gas Mark 4 and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
8) Check sesoning and serve warm.