One Crust Standard Pie Crust
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided in 3 pieces (Room Temperature)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, frozen|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1) Keep the oven ready
2) In a food processor bowl fitted with a knife blade, process the flour, fat and salt for about 15 seconds until the mixture appears like crumbs.
3) Continue to process, add water through the lid and process for 20-30 seconds until the dough forms a ball.
4) Shape the dough with hands, if required and refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.
5) Roll out the dough for a pie and prick all over with a fork.
6) Bake in the preheated oven at 450°F for about 9-12 minutes, until golden brown.
7) Use as required.