Papaya Raspberry Pie
|9 inch oil pastry crust||1 , baked|
|Raspberry liqueur||1 Tablespoon (Or Extract)|
|Raspberry jam||3 Tablespoon|
|Ripe papayas||2 , sliced, peeled and seeded|
|Raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
2) In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Slowly add sugar and continue beating until stiff and glossy. Set aside.
3) In a saucepan, add raspberry liqueur or extract and jam to heat up.
4) Take cooled baked pie crust to brush with this mixture.
5) Arrange the papaya slices in a pinwheel design, starting from center.
6) Sprinkle raspberries on top.
7) Spread the egg mixture to cover the fruit filling evenly.
8) Seal meringue to edge of crust.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
10) Serve warm or at room temperature by garnishing with fresh raspberry on top, if you want.