Prune And Apple Pie
|Prunes||100 Gram, soaked|
|Cooking apples||675 Gram, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Soft brown sugar||100 Gram|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter|
|Pastry||1 (Made With 225 G Flour)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Glaze)|
1) From the prunes, take out the stones.
2) In a pan, put the prunes and apples along with sugar, butter and cinnamon.
3) Gently cook till the apples have just softened, occasionally stirring. Allow to cool.
4) Prepare the pastry and use it to line an 8-inches ovenproof, enamel or foil plate.
5) Spread the filling in the pastry evenly.
6) Dampen the edges with some water. Roll out the remainder of the pastry and use it to cover the pie. Press the edges together and flute them.
7) Garnish the pie with any trimmings which have been left behind.
8) Freeze by open freezing first and then covering with a lid of the foil. Label and store in the freezer.
9) Take out the foil lid and in the top of the pie, make 2 small slits. Use some milk to brush the pie.
10) Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes in a hot oven, till the pie is golden brown.
11) Serve as preferred with cream or ice-cream.