Beef and Vegetable Pie
|Butter flavored pie crust||1 (One Crust)|
|Celery stalks||2 Large, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut to fit food chute|
|Carrots||2 , peeled|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Ground beef||1 Pound, rounded steak|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Keep aside pastry dough after preparing it.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Using the disc fitted to a mixer bowl, with slicing side facing upwards, slice vegetables.
4. Transfer vegetable slices to a large mixing bowl when they reach mixer bowl’s Fill level.
5. Mix in meat along with seasonings with vegetables.
6. Take a 2 quart casserole and press mixture into it.
7. Pour water on the top of the mixture.
8. Transfer pastry dough onto a floured surface and roll into the shape of the casserole.
9. Place pastry over casserole in such a way that pastry covers casserole.
10. Roll pastry edges on casserole sides and using a fork, press down,
11. With the fork, make numerous pricks on the crust.
12. Bake for 60 minutes to allow crust to turn brown.
13. Serve hot.
Calories 711 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 1105.6 mg46.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 24 g47.7%
Vitamin A 104.8% Vitamin C 42.7%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet