Guinea Squash Pie
|Toasted bread slice||3|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (Little)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten slightly|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, soak the bread slices in milk and set aside.
2. Butter a casserole dish.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. Peel the eggplant and add to a saucepan of boiling water and cook till tender.
5. Drain and add to a bowl.
6. Mash the boiled eggplant using a wooden spoon.
7. Add the soaked bread, onion and butter and mix well.
8. Blend the beaten eggs and seasoning into the eggplant mixture.
9. Turn the mixture into the casserole and top with the cream.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until set and lightly browned.
11. Take the casserole straight from the oven to the table.