Tropical Sour Cream Pie
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla pudding and pie filling mix||4 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Flaked coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Banana||1 Medium, sliced|
|9 inch baked pastry shell||1|
|Frozen whipped topping||4 1⁄2 Ounce, thawed (1 Carton)|
1) Combine milk, pineapple, sugar, and pudding mixture in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it begins to boil.
2) Remove from heat and add a small amount of the hot milk mixture to sour cream and make a smooth paste.
3) Pour the sour cream mixture to the remaining hot milk mixture and blend well.
4) Mix in one cup of grated coconut and let it cool.
5) Place banana slices in pastry mould and spoon the custard over the banana slices.
6) Top with whipped cream and garnish with the remaining coconut.
7) Serve chilled.