|For sweet pastry|
|Wholemeal flour||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raw cane sugar||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram, Plus Extra To Sweeten)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fruit||1 1⁄2 Pound (680 Gram)|
1) Sieve together the salt, sugar and flour into a bowl. Mix well.
2) With two knives, chop the fat into the flour. Rub ingredients together till small crumbs have formed.
3) A few drops at a time, add ice-cold water. Knead till a light but firm dough has formed. Cover and allow to stand for some hours in a very cool place.
4) As required, prepare the fruits and place them in a pie dish. In the center, use an inverted egg cup or a pir crust support. Add a lavish knob of butter to the filling as this will improve the flavor.
5) On a well-floured surface, roll out the pastry.
6) Moisten the pie dish's edges and transfer the pastry. With a knife, press down and decorate the edges.
7) Utilize the scraps of the left-over pastry to decorate the crust in the shape of leaves, flowers, etc.
8) Brush milk all over the pastry. Alternatively, a beaten egg can be used.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, moving to a lower shelf once the first 10 minutes of cooking have elapsed.
10) Serve hot or cold, as preferred, accompanied with custard or cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1758 Calories from Fat 835
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.4%
Saturated Fat 58.8 g294%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg81.3%
Sodium 789 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 214 g71.4%
Dietary Fiber 29.8 g119%
Sugars 73.4 g
Protein 29 g57.5%
Vitamin A 102% Vitamin C 270%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 36.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet