Low-Fat Chicken And Vegetable Pot Pie
|Low fat cream cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||4|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 , diced|
|Zucchini||2 , diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Frozen peas||8 Ounce|
|1% low fat milk||6 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley/1 tablespoon dried parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and margarine with a wooden spoon until blended.
3) Add in flour together with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
4) Cut the mixture using a pastry cutter or 2 knives until it looks like rough crumbs.
5) Add in 1 tablespoon of water at a time and mix lightly to hold the dough together.
6) Refrigerate, covered for at least 1 hour.
7) In the meantime, remove excess fat from chicken and slice lengthwise into half.
8) Allow stock to come to a boil and then mix in sliced chicken.
9) On a plate, transfer the chicken alone after cooking it for about 5 minutes until tender.
10) Boil the stock again and stir in vegetables and then cook for about 5 minutes.
11) To a bowl, place the vegetables with a slotted spoon.
12) Grate chicken and then mix with vegetables.
13) Reduce the stock to 1 1/2 cups, simmering for about 8 minutes.
14) Thicken the stock lightly by mixing in a mixture of 1/4 cup of the milk and cornstarch.
15) Take off stock from heat and then mix with the chicken and vegetables.
16) Sprinkle with parsley and add pepper to taste.
17) Even out the dough on a lightly floured board so as to fit a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
18) Into the baking dish, pour the mixture and then cover with the rolled dough.
19) Seal the edges tightly and then remove the extra dough hangings.
20) Use the removed dough hangings to make pastry leaves.
21) Apply remaining milk on the pie and bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until crust becomes golden and the chicken is cooked well.
22) Serve hot.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.9 mg13.3%
Sodium 512.7 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 132.4% Vitamin C 46.7%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet