Nell Palmer's Pecan Pie
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Pound, melted|
|Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbaked 8 inch pie shell||1|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Roll our and line pie tin with pastry.
3. Preheat the oven to 300°F before baking
4. In a mixing bowl combine the eggs and sugar.
5. Beat until thick and pale.
6. Stir in the melted butter and the syrup.
7. Pour into the pie crust
8. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the custard sets.
9. Remove pie from the oven and scatter the pecans over the custard.
10. Return the pie to oven and increase the oven temperature to 350° F
11. Bake the pie for another 10 to 15 minutes until the pecan are nicely toasted and golden.
12. Remove from the oven and allow pie to cool completely before placing in the refrigerator.
13. Slice into equal size wedges and serve cold.
14. You can accompany the pie with a bowl of whipped cream passed at the table.