Rich Beef Steak And Kidney Pie
|Round steak||2 Pound|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Cut the steak into cubes and trim off the fat from the kidneys and then cut into cubes.
3) Roll the kidney and steak in flourand and sear in hot butter.
4) Stir in sliced onions and cook in the hot fat until soft.
5) Take a baking dish, arrange meat, onion, and mushroom.
6) Combine salt, pepper, rosemary, cognac, tomato paste, and wine and pour over the meat.
7) Cover the dish and bake for 3 hours, basting with wine frequently.
8) Make circles with the dough ensuring it is 2 inches larger than the top of the baking dish.
9) Take a baking sheet, place the dough, and bake at 450 degree.
10) Reduce heat and bake at 350 degree until the dough turns golden brown.
11) Slip the puff pastry on top of the meat dish.
12) Serve with tossed salad or green vegetables.