Lemon Chiffon Pie
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Lemon gelatin||6 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Crumb crust||1 (10 Inch)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
1) Blend water, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and egg yolks, beating slightly in top part of a double boiler.
2) Place the mixture over boiling water and stir cook until slightly thickened.
3) Take off from heat and add in gelatin, stirring, until dissolved.
4) Add in lemon juice and rind and refrigerate to chill till it becomes thick but not firm.
5) Whip egg whites until fluffy and slowly beat in remaining sugar until stiff stage is reached but not dry.
6) Add this meringue into gelatin mixture and mix well.
7) Pour into prepared Crumb Crust and chill until firm.
8) Add whipped cream and reserved crumbs from crust mixture on top of pie.
9) Serve cold or warm.