Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Strained pumpkin||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Cooked Or Canned)|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
1. Dissolve gelatin in cold water.
2. Take a double boiler and combine cooked or canned strained pumpkin, grated lemon rind, cinnamon, ginger, mace, allspice, salt, evaporated milk, margarine, and brown sugar in it and cook over boiling water for about 10 minutes.
3. Fold in dissolved gelatine and stir until it gets dissolved. When done remove from heat and chill the mixture until it gets set.
4. In a bowl beat whites until they turn stiff, then fold in sugar in gradual steps. Beat the mixture nicely and add pumpkin mixture and blend nicely .
5. Portion out the mixture in pie shell and chill until the mixture gets set.
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.9 mg56%
Sodium 572.2 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 108.6 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 297% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 37% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet