Chicken And Wild Mushroom Pie
|Plain flour||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Raisins||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Boneless skinless chicken thighs||2 Ounce, cut in to chunks|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Tarragon||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Thyme||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chestnut mushrooms||10 Ounce, coarsely chopped (Such As Ceps, Chanterelles And Chestnut)|
|Soured cream||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Into a food processor add in the flour, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt whizzing in the unsalted butter and egg yolk to make crumbs.
2. Slowly add in the water, a tablespoonful at a time, such that the mixture comes together as dough.
3. Wrap the pastry dough in cling film and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 before baking.
5. For making the filling, brown the chicken in 2 tablespoon olive oil.
6. Season well putting in the wine, 100ml water, tarragon and thyme and then let it poach for about 15-20 minutes or such that the liquid reduces and the chicken is cooked through.
7. In a separate frying pan, put in the remaining olive oil and mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes and season as per taste.
8. In a bowl add the cooked chicken along with 2 tablespoon of its cooking liquor, add the mushrooms, then stir in the soured cream and set aside to cool.
9. Take a well deep 20 to 23cm pie tin, grease it with butter and dust it with flour.
10. Taking two-thirds of the pastry, roll it out and neatly line the tin.
11. Cover the pastry case with baking parchment pricking with a fork and fill with baking beans.
12. Let it bake blind for about 10-15 minutes.
13. Take pastry shell out of the oven and remove the parchment and beans.
14. Return the naked pastry shell to the oven for a couple of minutes to dry out in case it is still a bit moist.
15. Fill the pastry case generously with the prepared filling.
16. Roll the remaining pastry to make the crust.
17. Brush the pastry shell rim with the beaten egg and cover the filling with the pastry crust.
18. Press down the edges to seal and trim off the excess pastry.
19. Brush the pastry crust and rim with egg wash
20. Using a knife make 2 holes in the crust for steam to escape during cooking.
21. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
22. Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
23. Cut into wedges and serve warm with your favorite green salad.