Chocolate Pecan Pie
|Piecrust mix||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Semisweet chocolate square||3 Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Prepare piecrust mix as package label directs fortwo-crustpie. Shape pastry into a ball; flatten to 1-inch thickness. Roll on lightly floured surface to form a 12 1/2-inch circle. Fit pastry circle loosely into a 10-inch pie plate (do not stretch); fold edge of pastry under 1/2 inch; crimp or flute edge decoratively. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Make Filling: In medium saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring frequently; remove from heat, and cool slightly.
3. In medium bowl, with rotary beater or portable electric mixer at low speed, beat eggs well; add sugar, corn syrups and honey; continue to beat at low speed until all ingredients are well combined. Stir in melted chocolate mixture; blend well.
4. Spread pecans evenly in bottom of prepared pie shell; pour chocolate mixture evenly over pecans. Bake 50 minutes, or until filling is set in the center when pie is shaken gently.
5. Cool pie completely on wire rack. If desired, chill slightly before serving, and garnish with whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8345 Calories from Fat 3023
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 352 g541.7%
Saturated Fat 113.2 g566%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1208.8 mg402.9%
Sodium 2399 mg100%
Total Carbohydrates 1337 g445.5%
Dietary Fiber 38.9 g155.4%
Sugars 708 g
Protein 87 g174.9%
Vitamin A 106.7% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 47.4% Iron 250.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet