Dianna's Banana Cream Pie
|Granulated sugar||125 Milliliter|
|Milk||500 Milliliter, scalded|
|Banana extract/Vanilla||3 Milliliter|
|Ripe bananas||3 , sliced|
|Lemon juice||30 Milliliter|
|Whipping cream||250 Milliliter|
|Confectioners sugar||60 Milliliter|
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Take 9" (23 cm) pie pan and fit the pastry in it by rolling.
3. Blind bake the crust , cool and keep it aside.
4. Take a saucepan and add sugar, milk and flour into it and cook it over the medium heat until the mixture thickens.
5. Add it to the double boiler along with extract and egg yolks and whip it well before cooking for 2 minutes.
6. Cool the mixture to warm and when it cools slice the bananas and soak it with the lemon juice.
7. When the mixture becomes warm add the bananas stir it well and spoon it into the pie shell.
8. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
9. In another bowl add cream and whip it until it becomes stiff and blend it with sugar. Pipe the creamed mixture over the pie.
10. Serve it as required.