Baked Lentil Pie
|Lentils||3⁄4 Pound, soaked|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Cook the lentils which had been soaked till they are soft. Strain off the excess water, if any.
3) Boil the potatoes. Once they are cooked, mash them with butter, seasoning and some milk.
4) Cook the chopped onions along with the tomatoes, which have been peeled and chopped, in vegetable oil till the vegetables have tendered.
5) In the bottom of a casserole which has been greased well, put the lentils and then add the tomatoes and onions. Spread the mashed potatoes all over as the final layer.
6) Bake in preheated oven for ½ hour.
7) Serve hot with lightly steamed green vegetables.