Wagoim Wheel Apple Pie
|Prepared pastry mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded american cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), packed|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Washington state apples||5|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, mix together raisins and walnuts and keep aside.
2) Read the package directions and prepare the pastry accordingly. While preparing add in the cheese and mix well.
3) In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, mace, lemon peel and salt.
4) Line a 9-inch pie plate with half the cheese pastry. Roll the other half into a 6 x 12-inch rectangle.
5) Cut the rectangle into 10 1/2-inch strips.
6) Pare and core the apples and thinly slice.
7) Arrange half the apples in a pastry-lined pan.
8) Top with half the raisin mix and half the sugar mix.
9) Continue layering.
10) Add lemon juice over the apples and then dot with butter.
11) Twist the pastry strips to make spoke-wheel top and flute the edges with fingers.
12) Brush the strips with milk.
13) Place in the oven at 425 degrees and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, till tender.
14) Serve topped with whipped cream.