Fantastic Fish Pie
|Potatoes||5 Large, peeled and diced into 1 inch squares|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Free range eggs||2|
|Fresh spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Large Handfuls)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , halved and finely chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (Approximately 285 Milliliter)|
|Grated mature cheddar cheese/Grated mature parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Good Handfuls)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|English mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (1 Large Handful)|
|Haddock fillet/Cod fillet||1 Pound, skin removed, pin-boned and sliced into strips (455 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/210C fan/ gas 8.
2. Add the potatoes to salted boiling water and boil again for two minutes.
3. To the same boiling water, put in eggs and time the cooking process to 8 minutes for hardboiled eggs. By this time, the potatoes will be done too.
4. Drain the potatoes and eggs and cool under cold running water. Peel and quarter the eggs and the potatoes.
5. Mash the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and a touch of nutmeg.
6. Quarter the eggs and set aside
7. In a colander, steam the spinach for a minute. When done, squeeze out extra moisture, and set the spinach aside.
8. In a shallow pan, fry the onions and carrots in olive oil for five minutes or till done.
9. Add double cream to the same pan and slowly bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the cheese, mustard, parsley and lemon juice.
10. Use an earthenware dish that will hold the fish, spinach and eggs. Arrange them in the dish and pour the creamy sauce over.
11. Spread the mashed potatoes over the mixture and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
12. Serve with peas as a side dish and ketchup