This pie is a great vegetarian meal! Serve it with garden salad and you are set! If you don’t want to eat vegetarian go ahead and serve it a side with milanesas or breaded chicken. Yummy!
1 Large, finely chopped
3 Clove (15 gm)
Shredded white cheese
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Preferably Feta)
Puff pastry sheets
1 (For Egg Wash)
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Coat the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil. Heat.
• Wash spinach thoroughly and set aside.
• Add the chopped onions to the skillet and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and parsley. Mix well. Cook for a couple minutes. Add the oregano. Mix. Cook for another few minutes. Make a well in the middle of your onions.
• Add the flour and mix well. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
• Add the spinach to the pan and mix well.
• When the spinach is starting to wilt add the two eggs. Scramble the eggs and mix them with the spinach. Mix well to coat evenly. Add the cheese. Mix until the cheese starts to melt and turn off the heat.
• Roll out the puff pastry dough and place in the bottom of a pie pan. Fill with the spinach mixture.
• Roll out the other puff pastry and cover the pie. Form a thick edge with the top and bottom crusts to seal.
• Cut off the excess dough and make a few holes on the top. Brush the top with beaten egg.
• Place pie into the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until pie crust is browned. Remove from oven and allow cooling for a few minutes. Cut and serve. Enjoy!