Peanut Butter Chiffon Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Smooth peanut butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), baked|
|9 inch pie shell||1 , baked|
|Peanut butter topping/Sweetened whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At Right)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate squares||1 Ounce (1 Square)|
1) In a double boiler, combine the gelatin, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the salt, mix well.
2) Beat the milk and egg yolks together with a rotary beater until blended.
3) Stir and cook over simmering water until the mixture is slightly thickened.
4) Turn off the heat, remove in a bowl, then beat in the peanut butter and allow to thoroughly cool down.
5) Beat the egg whites until light and foamy.
6) Stiffly beat in rest of the sugar, then stir the sour cream into the peanut butter mixture.
7) Gently fold in the egg whites, then lightly pile into a baked pie shell and refrigerate until firm.
8) Nicely decorate with the Peanut-Butter Topping or sweetened whipped cream and chocolate curls from the semisweet chocolate.
9) Slice and serve in a nice plate.