Braised Half Shoulder Of Lamb And Shepherd 's Pie
|Streaky bacon rashers||1|
|Onions||2 Small, sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , scrubbed and sliced|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄2 Pint|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 335 degrees.
2) Wipe clean the lamb's shoulder and season it.
3) In a saucepan, heat the dripping and add the trimmed and chopped bacon rashers. Add the prepared vegetables and cook very gently over medium heat. Soften the vegetables and lightly brown the meat.
4) Remove the vegetables from the pan and put them in a 2-pint ovenproof casserole dish. Place the browned joint on top.
5) To the hot fat in the pan, add the flour and fry it gently till it is frothy and starts to brown. Stir in the hot stock. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6) If required, add the seasoning and then strain over the contents placed in the caserole dish.
7) Cover the dish and place it in the center of the preheated oven. Braise for about 2 1/2 hours.
8) Serve hot with the strained gravy and cooked vegetables.