Little Meat Pies
|Flank steak||7 Pound|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rutabaga||1 Small, grated|
|Potatoes||5 , diced|
|Suet||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||6 Tablespoon, minced|
1. Preheat the oven
2. Cut steak and pork into 1-inch cubes.
3. Sift flour and salt together into bowl and cut the lard until particles are size of small peas. Add 1 cup cold water, small amount at a time, tossing until dough clings together. Divide dough into 6 parts; roll to 9-inch circles on floured surface.
4. Place 2 tablespoons rutabaga, 3/4 cup potatoes, 1/6 of the steak and 1 ounce pork on half of each dough circle and then season the mixture with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon suet and 1 tablespoon onion. Fold dough over filling; seal edges.
5. Place on baking sheet; slash to let steam escape and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
6. Serve hot with cream sauce