Cassava Chicken Pie
|Stewing chicken||4 Pound, cut up (1 Whole)|
|Onion||1 , peeled|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a kettle, add chicken, 1 tsp salt, bay leaf, celery leaves, onions and water sufficient to cover chicken. Bring the mixture to boil, cover and allow to simmer for about 3 hours so that chicken is tender. Take out the chicken and keep aside 1 ½ cups of broth for further use. Separate chicken meat and bones.
3. Peel off cassava and using a grater or a food chopper with medium blade, grind cassava. Cover with a thick cloth and squeeze to discard liquid.
4. Add butter, eggs, lard, ¾ tsp of salt, cayenne, nutmeg and pepper to cassava and mix well.
5. Take a 1 ½ quart shallow baking dish and spread half the mixture in it.
6. Add flour to a little cold water and blend well. Mix well with the chicken broth kept aside and stirring continuously, cook, to thicken the mixture.
7. Transfer to the baking dish and spread rest of cassava mixture on top. Bake for about 90 minutes.
8. Serve hot.