Cassava Chicken Pie
|Stewing chicken||4 Pound, cut up (1 Whole)|
|Onion||1 , peeled|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a kettle, add chicken, 1 tsp salt, bay leaf, celery leaves, onions and water sufficient to cover chicken. Bring the mixture to boil, cover and allow to simmer for about 3 hours so that chicken is tender. Take out the chicken and keep aside 1 ½ cups of broth for further use. Separate chicken meat and bones.
3. Peel off cassava and using a grater or a food chopper with medium blade, grind cassava. Cover with a thick cloth and squeeze to discard liquid.
4. Add butter, eggs, lard, ¾ tsp of salt, cayenne, nutmeg and pepper to cassava and mix well.
5. Take a 1 ½ quart shallow baking dish and spread half the mixture in it.
6. Add flour to a little cold water and blend well. Mix well with the chicken broth kept aside and stirring continuously, cook, to thicken the mixture.
7. Transfer to the baking dish and spread rest of cassava mixture on top. Bake for about 90 minutes.
8. Serve hot.
Calories 1746 Calories from Fat 560
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.8%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 474.1 mg158%
Sodium 542.5 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g62.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.2%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 105 g209.4%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 162.3%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 34.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet