Microwave Pasta Pie
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian turkey sausage||1 Pound (1 Package, Fresh Sweet / Hot)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Italian sweet peppers||1 , chopped|
|Herbed tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Use a 10-inch microwave-safe pie plate to arrange spaghetti.
2) Sprinkle parmesan cheese and butter; toss until evenly coated.
3) Form pasta crust by arranging pasta on bottom and up side of plate.
4) Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
5) In another 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish, arrange sausage and cover with waxed paper.
6) Place inside microwave to cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
7) Thinly slice the sausage.
8) Add onion and sweet pepper.
9) Cover with waxed paper and microwave at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes, stirring twice.
10) Discard excess juice from pan and stir in tomato sauce, garlic, parsley, basil and oregano into meat mixture.
11) Use the pasta shells to fill with the mixture.
12) Top with mozzarella cheese in circle over sauce.
13) Place inside microwave to cook without cover at HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
14) Cover with a foil to stand for 5 minutes.
15) Serve the pasta pie hot by garnishing with additional grated cheese, if you wish.