Classic Eggnog Pie
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg whites||8 , beaten stiff|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Pint|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
3. Dissolve the softened gelatin in hot water. Set aside to cool
4. To make the pie filling take a clean dry grease free bowl.
5. Add the egg whites and beat using an electric beater until stiff.
6. Gradually add the sugar, rum and the gelatin and beat until thick.
7. Fold in most of the whipped cream, reserving some for topping the pie.
8. Pour into the baked pie shell
9. Place in the refrigerator to set completely.
10. Top the pie with whipped cream.
11. Slice into wedges and serve cold.