Coconut Cream Pie
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Gelatin||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Blend the cornstarch in milk and keep aside.
3. Add the gelatin to milk and keep aside to soften
4. Prepare a double boiler pan by setting a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a medium low flame.
5. To make the pie filling take a bowl that will fit over the double boiler
6. In the bowl, combine the cornstarch mixture with the sugar and egg yolks and whisk lightly with a wire whisk or electric beater.
7. Gradually add and blend in the milk.
8. Place the bowl over the boiler and cook, stirring frequently until thickened like custard.
9. Take bowl of the heat and stir in the softened gelatin until dissolved
10. Stir in the coconut and allow the custard to cool.
11. In a clean dry mixer bowl, add the cream and whip until thick, making soft peaks.
12. Blend in the vanilla.
13. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled custard mixture.
14. Place bowl in the refrigerator to semi set.
15. Wash and dry thoroughly the beater blades and the mixing bowl.
16. Beat the egg whites till stiff and fold into the semi set coconut- custard cream.
17. Pour into the pie shell and chill until ready to serve.
18. Top the pie with extra whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut if you like.
19. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.