Elegant Banana Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baked pastry shell||9 Inch|
|Bananas||2 , sliced|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a ¼ cup of chilled water, soften the gelatin and then set aside.
2. Combine sugar, cinnamon, coffee powder and salt in top of double boiler; add egg yolks and evaporated milk and mix well. Cook on gentle heat till the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
3. Pour the gelatin and vanilla into the mixture and mix well.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and then fold into gelatin mixture.
5. Spoon half the gelatin mixture into pastry shell and then arrange bananas on top. Cover with remaining gelatin mixture. Refrigerate pie for several hours.
6. Serve chilled with whipped cream