Easy Canned Pumpkin Pie
|Canned pumpkin||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Heat the milk to scalding point.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F before baking
4. Into a mixing bowl add the canned pumpkin along with the spices and salt.
5. Mash the pumpkin and mix the ingredients well.
6. In another mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and butter and whisk lightly well blended.
7. Gradually add the hot milk, whisking to prevent the eggs from coagulating.
8. Pour into an unbaked pie shell in a pie pan.
9. Brush the pie shell rim with a little egg to give a nice color.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for first 15 minutes.
11. Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for another 30 minutes until the filling is set and pastry is golden and crisp.
12. Remove pie from oven and cool completely.
13. Serve warm or place pie in the refrigerator to chill.
14. Slice into equal size wedges and serve with whipped cream.
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.1 mg22.7%
Sodium 349.7 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 227% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet