|Minced beef||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄4 Pint|
1) Add the minced beef to heated dripping or lard. Over moderate heat, fry the beef till it has browned.
2) Add the seasoning, onion, tomato puree and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cook over low heat gently for about 30 minutes, covered.
3) Into the base of a 1 1/2-pint pie or baking dish, pour the mixture and set it aside.
4) To prepare the potato topping, boil the potatoes and mash them with a lot of seasoning. Beat in the milk till the smooth and creamy mixture is formed.
5) All over the cooked minced beef, fork the potato mixture and dot the sirface with butter.
6) Serve hot.
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.1%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 93.6 mg31.2%
Sodium 1163.1 mg48.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 29 g58%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 82.6%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet