|Minced beef||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄4 Pint|
1) Add the minced beef to heated dripping or lard. Over moderate heat, fry the beef till it has browned.
2) Add the seasoning, onion, tomato puree and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cook over low heat gently for about 30 minutes, covered.
3) Into the base of a 1 1/2-pint pie or baking dish, pour the mixture and set it aside.
4) To prepare the potato topping, boil the potatoes and mash them with a lot of seasoning. Beat in the milk till the smooth and creamy mixture is formed.
5) All over the cooked minced beef, fork the potato mixture and dot the sirface with butter.
6) Serve hot.