Mushroom and Kidney Pie
|Veal kidneys/1 beef kidney||2|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef gravy||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Chop the kidneys into small pieces and keep aside.
3) In a pan, saute the onion and mushrooms in the butter.
4) Stir in the kidneys and parsley and then add beef gravy into the pan juices make 1 cup.
5) Then stir in the port and remove in a 1 1/2-pint or 1-quart casserole.
6) Cover with a 1/4 inch thick pastry and bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes as desired.
7) Slice and serve in a nice plate.