Coconut Cream Pie
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||7 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Minus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs), scalded|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), or flaked|
|9 inch baked pastry shell/Crumb crust||1|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Blend together flour, eggs, salt, and sugar and then add scalded milk ensuring to stir constantly.
3) Let the milk boil under low heat, let it simmer for 2 minutes, remove pan from heat, and then vanilla.
4) Cool in room temperature and then add in shredded coconut.
5) Pour the filling in the shell, top with whipped cream, sprinkle coconut.
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Garnish and serve.
Light cream may be used in place of the milk; or part cream and part milk; or, for a rich flavor, use part milk and part evaporated milk.