|Frozen raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped (For Garnish)|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Defrost the raspberries completely and drain and reserve the juice.
3. Dissolve the cornstarch in a little cold water and keep aside.
4. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the reserved berry juice, water, lemon juice, sugar and butter. Stir to mix well.
5. Add the dissolved corn starch and blend into the liquid.
6. Place the pan over a medium low flame and bring to a boil, stirring continuously until thickened and transparent.
7. Take the pan off the heat and add the defrosted berries, stir well and leave to cool.
8. Pour the filling into the baked pastry shell.
9. Place on serving plate and refrigerate until the pie is chilled.
10. Top the pie with whipped cream if you like.
11. Slice into equal size wedges and serve cold.