|Clams||2 Quart (In Their Shells)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Scrub the clams by running through cold water and add them to a large pot.
3. Fold in carrot, bay leaf, pepper and white wine.
4. Cover it tightly and steam it until the clams opens up.
5. Get rid of the clams that don’t open up.
6. Get rid of the meat from the shells and chop the clams.
7. Force it through the cheesecloth and save 1 cup for further use.
8. Prepare the veloute sauce by melting the butter. Add the flour and stir the mixture well.
9. Add the milk and remaining broth stir the mixture until it gets thick.
10. Cook for about 10 minutes and flavor it using more seasoning.
11. Add mushrooms to the butter and sauté it nicely. Season it with pepper and salt.
12. Mix up the sauce, clams, sherry and mushrooms.
13. Spread it over the 1 ½ quart baking dish and top it with crust which is rolled into ¼ inch thickness.
14. Bake for about 15 minutes at 450°F and bake it further at 350° F until the crust turns golden.
15. Serve it as required.