Apricot Cottage Cheese Pie
|Apricots||2 Cup (32 tbs), mashed cooked|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. In a bowl combine apricots, almond extract, lemon extract with 1/2 cup of sugar and pour it towards the bottom of pie shell.
3. In an oven bake this mixture for about 10 minutes at 425° F..
4. In a bowl combine remaining sugar and salt with eggs and blend well.
5. Fold in milk, vanilla and cottage cheese.
6. Spread the mixture over apricots in pie shell.
7. Bake for about 50 minutes by reducing the temperature to 325° F.
8. Serve the pie after topping with whipped cream.