President Tyler's Puddin' Pies
|Pastry shells||16 (2 Inch)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Bake pastry shells in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes and keep aside.
3) Cream butter and sugar until it forms a light, fluffy, creamy mixture.
4) Beat in eggs, half and-half, and vanilla.
5) Pour this filling into pastry shells, and top lightly with nutmeg.
6) Bake in the oven at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes till set (check for the filling to settle and pies to cool).
7) Top with whipped cream and a little of nutmeg at serving time.