Date Walnut Pie
|Brown sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Light molasses/Maple syrup||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten|
1. Prepare a 9-inch pastry shell in a pie dish.
2. Pre heat an oven to 325°F
3. On a fruit board, pit dates and sliver and chop walnuts. Dust with a little flour, in a bowl.
1. Use a medium sized work bowl.
2. Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in the egg yolks.
4. Add molasses, water and salt. Stir into smooth batter.
5. Shift in the flour and fold in without over working the batter.
6. Add dates and walnuts to the batter.
7. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry shell.
9. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 50 minutes till a knife comes out clean when inserted in the center of the pie.
10. Remove from oven and cool slightly before placing in the refrigerator to chill
11. Serve cold with whipped cream.
12. Slice at the table.