White Christmas Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Moist shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||9|
1. In a saucepan combine gelatine, flour, 1/2 cup of sugar and salt along with milk.
2. Boil the mixture over low heat by stirring it continuosly. When done remove from heat and allow it to cool.
3. When the mixture gets partially set, whip the mixture using rotary beater until it turns smooth.
4. Fold in almond extract and vanilla to it along with cream.
5. In seperate bowl whip egg whites until they turn foamy. Fold in remaining sugar to the whipped egg white until it forms stiff peaks.
6. Gradually add gelatine mixture and coconut.
7. Pour the mixture into pie shell and chill until it is set.
8. Serve chilled.